Since 2003, Robert Swan has taken over 400 business leaders, teachers, students, entrepreneurs, CEO’s, and sustainability experts to Antarctica as part of his IAE expeditions. Since then, many have gone on to become advocates for Antarctica and sustainability, giving talks, initiating conservation programs, even changing careers.
Visiting the Antarctic is truly life-changing, and the 2041 Alumni Program strengthens these connections, highlights activity resulting from team members’ Antarctic experience, and provides a forum for ongoing action. Participation in an IAE expedition is only the beginning of the journey, and the Alumni Program aims to keep the mission alive in each and every team member. The true sustainability of Robert Swan’s approach towards saving Antarctica, and the reason our sponsors remain involved in our expeditions, year after year, is demonstrated in the positive action that inevitably results from the awe-inspiring experience of visiting Antarctica and the personal commitment that results from participation in Robert Swan’s LOTE program.
2041 Alumni, since 2003
- IAE 1 2003: 42 participants, from 18 nations
- IAE 2 2004: 44 participants, from 15 nations
- IAE 3 2005: 52 participants, from 21 nations
- IAE 4 2006: 61 participants, from 23 nations
- IAE 5 2007: 62 participants, from 24 nations
- IAE 6 2008: 69 participants, from 26 nations (E-Base Goes Live)
- IAE 2009: 71 participants
- BP Antarctic Expedition: 78 participants
- IAE 2010: 53 participants, from 20 nations
- IAE 2011: 64 participants, from 19 nations
- REE 2011: 27 participants, from 5 nations
- IAE 2012: 72 participants, from 23 nations
- IAE 2013: 84 participants, from 28 nations